Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a Big Boy!

I hate to admit it, but this is the last "toothless" smile you will see of my big boy! He is popping out a tooth (oops almost typed out pooping~ha!) the lower left hand one. Now I'm all excited and everything but I've never seen a more snotty, sloppy, mess of a baby then when he is teething, holy smokes! On Thursday I put him down to play with some toys while I finished getting ready in the morning. I came to pick him up and thought I saw the exorcist! He was all pointed towards the wall, with his back towards me, and as I got close he turned towards me real quick in a scary haunted movie sort of way, with a big string of snot hanging from his nose, he had spit up and wiped it all over his face and hair, and to top it off he had pooped his pants. Geez! He looked like a big 'ole bull and smelled like one too. So I had to clean him all up and change his pants before leaving for work. Aaaaack!!!
Kade also gets bath in the bath tub. Now that Chad is giving lots of baths at night, he brought it to my attention that a 7-1/2 month old probably doesn't need the infant tub anymore.
Whoooops! How am I to know when a 25 lb baby doesn't fit in it anymore?? Come to think of it there wasn't much water to work with anymore and he can practically crawl out of it and drag the dumb thing around. I'm almost embarrassed to say I did that. Chad gave him his first "big boy bath" while I was in school, I guess he watched the water come out of the faucet in amazement. He thought the water would be like hitting the ground and when his hand went through it he just starred at it under the water. He played toys and splashed around. Maybe its good we split up some of our normal duties, so I don't keep him in the infant tub until he is 3!!!!
Kade is sooo close to crawling but will creep backwards or does this weird thing...he gets on his hands and knees and then goes into a downwards dog pose with his but up in the air and on his tippy toes. Don't know why, he just does it. O'well keeps me from chasing him around for a bit longer. He just likes to tease me with the possibility that he might try this huge milestone.

We've once again replaced his wardrobe and he wears 18-24 months. Huh? He's not even 8 months yet??? He loves to eat and has been eating puff cereals and today he tried some toast and cheese. Mommy holds her breath with every bite waiting to do some back blows if needed! I come to find out he eats Kix cereal at daycare...blew me away. He is just getting to be quite the little man.

No comments: