Friday, May 2, 2008

Reflection Week #1 ~Grandmas!











Wow! Did we get hit by a baby freight train after Kade arrived! Chad & I had the attitude that we wouldn't need any help and we could do this on our own after coming home from the hospital. Um...nothing could've been further from the truth! All I can say is "Thank God for Grandmas!"
My vision of coming home had me walking in the door with my precious bundle of joy, placing him in the crib, & hugging Chad while we looked over our blessed miracle. Oh how happy we were to be parents (& I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight mind you).

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED:
Kade HATED his car seat and screamed bloody murder all the way out of the hospital. The instant we walked in the door, I was running up the stairs to breast feed as my "bundle of joy" was what they call a "barracuda baby" and nursed constantly. I sat in my rocking chair for the next eleven weeks straight, cringing w/each painful swallow he took.-Ouch! Oh and I still looked 6-7 months pregnant by the way.
We couldn't have been happier to see Grandma Nancy show up minutes after we got home. She was more than eager to hold the little guy and we were more than eager to let her at the time. Without her help, we wouldn't have been able to eat a meal or take a shower, or really do anything at all. Thanks to Amanda who made meals and delivered them out to our house, it was the perfect gift! Poor Grandma Nancy even kept me company for hours upon hours as I fed Kade and learned all the do's and don'ts of breastfeeding.
Grandma Penny (Grandma from Montana) blessed us w/her presence in week #2 and we even were able to go to Wal-mart and stock up on some groceries.
Now don't get me wrong, we love the little devil...but sad to say my "idea" of our homecoming wasn't happening. Sigh!

I wanted to post a pic of Grandma Penny w/Kade but I don't have one on our camera....ggrr!!

No comments: