Kade had an awesome memorial day weekend! Lots and lots going on and he did so good.
#1 Saturday was Kade's first birthday party that he was invited to! Kale Okeson turned 1 and we were there to help celebrate. Kale's dad is Justin, who is a long time friend of ours dating all the way back to Wheatland WY...yikes! Shawn also met us at our house and we all drove up (they live just a little ways out of town...ok a lot of ways). Kade was far from the only infant to show up, there was also a 1 week old (sorry wouldn't of seen me there @ that point) and a 3 month old. Come to find out the 3 month old eats 8oz at a time and Kade only eats 4oz! BUT Kade likes to eat every 2 hours, I think he's pulling the wool over mommie's eyes. The best part of the party was watching Kale eat his very own 1st B-day cake. O MY...there was icing in his nose and everything, he had full reign to grab at the cake with his bare teeny fingers and I laughed so hard I cried. Kade got Kale a Tonka truck that he can sit on and scoot around, it has a blinker and rear view mirror and of course a horn that makes LOTS of noise.
#2 Sunday brought us to Kade's first day at the lake! I could just slap myself for leaving the camera in my purse (which was at the dock in the car). We went out with Devin and Amanda on their new boat and spent the day cruising the waters. You should've seen him (I will recreate the moment at some point and take pics of him) he had a bright yellow life vest, which his head poked out the top and all you saw was a head, legs, and arms holding the vest. He also had a big floppy hat and sunglasses too! He was such a good sport about the whole thing. I guess the rythm of the water zonked him out and he slept almost the whole time. Amanda held him most of the time, while mommy enjoyed an "adult beverage". He was really good when he was awake and just sat there and watched the scenery go by. At the end of the day, we stopped by our favorite bar/grill to have supper but a band was going to start so reality hit and we had to go home as "parents" and leave the supper behind. O'well, he was such a trooper all day and Amanda ended up making supper for us when we got back into town-THANKS Amanda!!
#3 Monday we ended up going shopping all day. #1 on our list was a VIDEO CAMERA...Yay! That means I can now start blogging video of my little guy, isn't that awesome? I just have to figure out how to do it now...hmmmmm. Also we (again) replaced Kade's wardrobe. I just LOVE shopping for baby clothes. We bought him some carpenter pants and cool shirts and shorts. The little bugger is in size 6/9 months now!!! We officially put away all his 3 months and most of his 3/6 month clothes.
Well there was a lot going on this weekend, but we all had a blast. I just am so MAD I didn't get 1 picture....GGGGrrrr!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment