So that brings us to today (Tuesday)...he was good in the am but I called to check in on him at daycare and he was throwing up all his formula and crying in pain most of the day. So Chad took him to the Dr. (again). So what does Kade do? He laughs and smiles the whole appointment...geez kid, he's making us look bad. We come to find out his soy is plugging him up and we (again, seeing a pattern?) changed his formula. He gave us some samples and lots of pedialite to keep him hydrated. Tonight he was smiley and giggley and then would start crying...the Dr. suspects he has the flu bug but said it doesn't last long. I put him to bed about an hour ago, he ate 5oz of milk (and kept it down) so we will see how tonight goes. I think he's doing pretty good, we give him LOTS of love and kisses and snuggle him to pieces!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Oh POOP!
Poor Kade went through his first constipation experience! Poor guy...I was suspicious something was going on when we didn't get any "presents" on Saturday/Sunday. Well on Monday afternoon while we were shopping, he started getting really upset for no reason. Well when I changed his diaper I quickly found out why as he had rock hard poo poos. For the rest of the night he screamed in pain and then would fall asleep. Here daddy "made everything better" and napped on the floor with him while I finished supper dishes.

I "again" called the Dr. and she suggested I go get prune juice and mix 1oz w/1oz water and give that to him along with a suppository. So I ran to the store and got the goods...by the time I got back, he had passed the biggest hardest poo ever. Chad didn't know how he even got that out of him?? Ouch!! So we decided to not do the suppository (not pros in that area) and I fed him the prune juice. Um, Kade doesn't like prune juice, found out. He did finally end up getting it down but stained his white shirt pretty good with all of the juice he spit out. He had mommy up most of the night doing "rockie rockie" in our chair, so mommy is a zombie today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment