OK, we are fast forwarding from birth to 3 months!! (I'll do some catch up posts later on our favorite highlites of months 0-3)
This weekend was bitter/sweet. Kade has hit the 3 month mark and now has a brand new wardrobe and sleeps in his "big boy bed". Up until now, he has slept in a bassinet right next to my side of the bed. It was so nice because I could hear every breath he took and could jump out of bed to reposition him or feed him (or whatever other situation would arise in the night).
Well on Friday night, he didn't get much sleep as he is too big for the bassinet and I'd wake up to him whining and found that his legs were up in the air on top of the end of the bassinet. The poor guy's legs were probably numb. So Chad and I had the talk and decided it's time to put him in the "corral". For those of you who don't know, Kade's bedroom theme is barnyard..hence his crib is now the corral.
He's had a couple nights in his new bed and its going a little rough. We keep the baby monitor on so I can still hear him breathing but he now gets rowdy in there. This kid can weasel his way from one end to the other! He scared me to death last night when I found him on his tummy with his face planted into the mattress. We didn't even know he could roll over?? So this will take some experimenting and MANY MANY trips to his room during the night to make sure he is "sunny side up"!
In addition to his big boy bed, we went shopping for a whole new wardrobe! My baby has outgrown 0-3 month clothes and we have bought all new 3-6 months. It was really hard seeing his first outfits get stored away but momma was better when we got to go buy some real cute stuff (all better-ha!)
This weekend was bitter/sweet. Kade has hit the 3 month mark and now has a brand new wardrobe and sleeps in his "big boy bed". Up until now, he has slept in a bassinet right next to my side of the bed. It was so nice because I could hear every breath he took and could jump out of bed to reposition him or feed him (or whatever other situation would arise in the night).
Well on Friday night, he didn't get much sleep as he is too big for the bassinet and I'd wake up to him whining and found that his legs were up in the air on top of the end of the bassinet. The poor guy's legs were probably numb. So Chad and I had the talk and decided it's time to put him in the "corral". For those of you who don't know, Kade's bedroom theme is barnyard..hence his crib is now the corral.
He's had a couple nights in his new bed and its going a little rough. We keep the baby monitor on so I can still hear him breathing but he now gets rowdy in there. This kid can weasel his way from one end to the other! He scared me to death last night when I found him on his tummy with his face planted into the mattress. We didn't even know he could roll over?? So this will take some experimenting and MANY MANY trips to his room during the night to make sure he is "sunny side up"!
In addition to his big boy bed, we went shopping for a whole new wardrobe! My baby has outgrown 0-3 month clothes and we have bought all new 3-6 months. It was really hard seeing his first outfits get stored away but momma was better when we got to go buy some real cute stuff (all better-ha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment