
We've had an ongoing issue with Kade's ears since week 3. First it started out with some congestion. I had taken him to 2 different doctors and both of them told me that babies just get congested and to use a humidifier and saline drops for his nose and that is all I can do. We kept doing this and things never improved.
Fast forward to Kade's 2 month checkup and a 3rd doc looked at him and said he has fluid in his ears and that is the cause of his congestion and coughing. So he put him on a 10 day antibiotic and we went in for a recheck in March. Well it didn't work so he had us try it again, upping the dose and stay on it for 20 days. That would bring us to April 18th (tomorrow) when his last dose would be given and we'd go for a recheck again on April 28th (soonest we could get in with him).
Anyways, yesterday daycare called me and said Kade had a fever of 101.9 and that I had to come get him. I immediately made an appt. w/his doc as this was his first fever and I was concerned with all the other junk going on with him. The doc said he has a severe infection in his right ear (his left one is ok). So he gave him an injection of an antibiotic since the other attempts failed to drain the fluid from his ears. Our recheck on the 28th will now deteremine whether it worked or not. I'm glad he developed that fever (it didn't even last an hour) but that got me to bring him in for another antibiotic or else he'd suffer until the 28th.
I pray this works, he's been congested for 10 of his 13 weeks and its hard to see the 'lil guy like that. Sometimes he gets green/yellow goo that drains from his eyes but we have some eye drops that take care of it within hours. He stays in good spirits and rarely fusses unless it gets pretty bad. I guess if this is his only issue, life is pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment