Grandma Flemmer let Kade grab at her arm and pat her hands. In good 'ole grandma Flemmer fashion, she commented on the possibility of Kade spilling the glass of water nearby. I will forever remember how she picks w/her little fingers at lint on the table cloth or her shirt, she is always straightening out whatever is sitting in front of her and smoothing it w/her hand. To me it is soothing and calms me. Anyways, Grandma was very alert for the meet & greet and the staff commented on how she has not been alert for this long of a period in a long time. What the magic of a great grandchild can do! She got a look of pride, yet sorrow in her eye when she heard his middle name was Melvin. Now that I am a mom myself, I have a whole new understanding of the look in her eye as she remembers back to her youngest son.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Great Grammas!
Kade met his great grandma Flemmer (Brigetta) and great grandma Mortvedt (Cleone), when he made the trip to Beulah a couple weeks ago. The little reunion went wonderfully and brought about much excitement from them. Kade's great grandpas, Bernhardt & Alfred, are both at home in heaven along with his grandpa Melvin. I know the grandpas would have loved to hold Kade on their lap and give him lots of tickles! I picture them looking down at their newest "man" of the family with much pride.
Grandma Flemmer let Kade grab at her arm and pat her hands. In good 'ole grandma Flemmer fashion, she commented on the possibility of Kade spilling the glass of water nearby. I will forever remember how she picks w/her little fingers at lint on the table cloth or her shirt, she is always straightening out whatever is sitting in front of her and smoothing it w/her hand. To me it is soothing and calms me. Anyways, Grandma was very alert for the meet & greet and the staff commented on how she has not been alert for this long of a period in a long time. What the magic of a great grandchild can do! She got a look of pride, yet sorrow in her eye when she heard his middle name was Melvin. Now that I am a mom myself, I have a whole new understanding of the look in her eye as she remembers back to her youngest son.
Grandma Mortvedt turned 96 on the 13th of July!!! She is the happiest lady you will ever meet. Typically, she won't even know why she's happy, but every single thing that happens to her is the greatest thing she's ever seen! Kade crawled all over grandma trying to score her yellow buttons (no luck-darn), but poor grandma was almost disrobed in his sweatshirt war towards his treasure! She'd laugh and giggle at him and all Kade could do was tug and pull at her.
We ended up having a wonderful visit and took a 4 generation picture of myself, mom, grandma & little Kade! (Who still never gave up on his quest for the yellow buttons!)
Grandma Flemmer let Kade grab at her arm and pat her hands. In good 'ole grandma Flemmer fashion, she commented on the possibility of Kade spilling the glass of water nearby. I will forever remember how she picks w/her little fingers at lint on the table cloth or her shirt, she is always straightening out whatever is sitting in front of her and smoothing it w/her hand. To me it is soothing and calms me. Anyways, Grandma was very alert for the meet & greet and the staff commented on how she has not been alert for this long of a period in a long time. What the magic of a great grandchild can do! She got a look of pride, yet sorrow in her eye when she heard his middle name was Melvin. Now that I am a mom myself, I have a whole new understanding of the look in her eye as she remembers back to her youngest son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment