
Well last Wednesday, Kade turned
6 months. Mommy has been so busy, that poor Kade's story has been neglected (not Kade himself so don't worry). As I look back to my older posts, I am reminded of how far Kade has come in such a short period of time! He has only been w/us for 1/2 a year and he has physically and mentally made HUGE changes, which seem exhausting to me. So far Kade has:
Grown out of 3 sizes of clothes and diapers
Learned to breastfeed, bottle feed, and eat from a spoon & use a sippy cup
Outgrown a bassinet and sleeps in his big boy crib~in his own room
Rolls over BOTH ways
Stands up while holding your fingers
Scooches backwards on his tummy
Plays toys
Laughs if we do, or if we get his "tickle spot"
Pulls hair and scratches faces (he has a bit of a mean streak)
Sucks his toes
I'm sure he does a lot more that I'm not thinking of, but what a joy he has been! Our nights now consist of running to his room to give him paci when he wakes up (ya I know we shouldn't but he puts his lips out like a little bird and I can't help but give it to him)...then if he's sleeping soundly, mom runs in to make sure he's still breathing (paranoid). So we jump out of bed to check on the little guy about 3-6 times a night.
FISHING W/DAD


It is so amazing what a transformation they go through in such a short period of time. We still aren't eager for crawling/walking as we've heard that's a whole new hurdle. We perk up our ears now when we hear people say "YOU JUST WAIT". Before baby it fell on deaf ears and now we freeze like deer in headlights and ask "WHY and WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT IT??" We of course want him to reach that milestone timely, but are being VERY patient. As of this week he is "swimming" around on the carpet & creeping backwards. He smiles proudly when he rolls from front to back as that's his new accomplishment.
What an experience thus far! We are so blessed to have a happy/healthy boy and looking forward to Kade's future adventures!

No comments:
Post a Comment