Saturday, September 24, 2011

Brynn is 4 months!

Wow, what a busy summer this has been.  I do have to admit I loved having a summer baby way more than a middle of winter baby.  It is a well known fact that I do not do the best from months 0-3.  I'm literrally a ball of nerves the whole time and find it hard to enjoy  the experience of a newborn.  Shocker I know, but I still can't figure out how such a cute little bundle can have such control over your daily life, sheesh!



I love looking back at the pictures and videos though, as those babies are so darn cute.  As you've noticed, very few pictures of mommy on this blog because I'm basically whipped!  To describe a mommy picture, just imagine a blank look of defeat on my face, matted up hair, shirts drizzled with gooey spit up (in the beginning spit up on my same pants for DAYS without changing them), clothes pulled sideways and not enough hands free to pull them back to where they should be again.  Daycare is still asking for a family picture.  Um, maybe when she is 3.

The constant bottles, spitting up, diapers, poopie on clothes, keeping them off of the back of their heads (poor Brynn's is pretty flat), trying to entertain when not much entertains them, hair pulling, (and on and on) makes mommy really tired and its hard to enjoy their newborn preciousness.  I love taking care of my little Brynniepoo, but this circus act  all day, every day is enough to frazzle the nerves of even the most super momma out there.  So it has been nice to get out of the house and go camping, to take my mind off some of this high maintenance period.  It doesn't seem as bad to feed your little one overlooking the boat marina, than in the same rocking chair in a cooped up house over and over again.
 
Now that Brynn is 4 months, I becoming a more confident mommy.  I really like when she starts interacting with us.  We gets lots of big gummy smiles (still filled with spit up most of the time) and some big belly laughs.  She is holding toys and chewing on them (I'm such a proud momma, ha!)  She lays on her tummy and holds her head up really well.  She's not rolling over yet though, which its still pretty early. 
She loves to try to chew off her toes, and pull her shoes/socks off, aaack!

She sits in her bumbo chair and plays toys.  I love watching her grow and learn, it is so fun to watch them discover new things.


 
I have the privelage of getting the kids ready for daycare in the morning.  I ain't going to lie, its kind of a nightmare.  As Chad would say "Anger is Imprisoning Me".  (Inside joke)
Luckily, both kids sleep while I get ready (Thank you Lord Jesus), then I get Brynn up to change her.
 
Getting her dressed is like trying to dress a circle, aaack!  She likes to grab on to your arm while holding her feet up and its like having a big baby braclet on.  Sometimes I feel like her leg is going to break as I try to pull it away and put her pants on.  I'll get the leg in and like a magnet, it goes right back again and I have to try to break away the other leg.  Then when putting on her shirts, she puts her hand up to her mouth to start chewing as her arm is still being put in the sleeve.  Arrrgggh! 
She grunts and fights me back as we have a tug of war thing going on between us.  All the while she is happy though and I have to put on my happy face and tell her in a high pitch voice how cute she is.  Really I want to tie her appendages to the changing table so we can get the heck going.  (Hmmm, that would be a useful baby shower gift, ha) 
So as I get her successfully changed, she will spit up and get her shirt wet, so I've been putting her in a bib as part of her dressing routine. 
Looking all innocent...
 
Then we go get Kade up.  Um, that does not go as good as waking up Brynn.  Brynn wakes up and smiles and coos, Kade starts yelling "No, No"  I'm sleepy, I don't want to go to daycare, waah this and waah that.  This kids cries around more than his infant sister.  So after a good 10 minutes of finally getting his body out of the bed; we proceed to get him pottied, dressed, and then the toothbrush fight starts.  Uggh, its bad but we get his teeth brushed and his hair combed.  Then he's good for the rest of the morning.
Sometimes mommy has to get "creative" when getting him to just hurry up already...
 "Mommy I want to do it MYSELF"
 
I then get Brynn in her car seat, finish changing my top (can't wear my work top when I feed her because of all the spit up) and by then she has pooped her pants and its made its way OUT of the diaper on her clothes.  The whole dressing scenerio starts again!  So as I do the ever stressful baby dressing routine, brother is running around now and getting into this or that.  Or whining MOM, I want this or that. 
Now I have managed to get all the kids, and all their daycare stuff into the car.  Mom kind of talks loud and this point and is pretty short in her responses. 
They do end up pretty cute, I have to say...



 
Then I get to drop off the kids.  Kade insists on "helping" drop off sister.  We have to take off our shoes in the baby room, so I get to put his shoes on twice in the morning, yay.  Then the little monster likes to hide in the hall when its his turn to get dropped off.  Sometimes he will hang out on the floor, right outside the room. 
If I had a dollar for every time I had envisioned flinging him into that room and shutting the door, I'd be pretty rich.  By the time I get into the car and drive to work, my poor hair is stuck out on end, my clothes are hanging all over, I'm sweating, and really mad.
 
Chad does not know how goood he has it to get up, get dressed, and go to work.  Wow, how I took that for granted, ha!

1 comment:

Josh and Rya said...

This morning routine was too hilarious not to comment on! I'm sure all of the mommies can relate-I know I can. You have a great writing style! My favorite parts were the baby bracelet and "flinging him into the room and slamming the door shut"!