Monday, August 24, 2009

Camping!!!

Well I've been a bit behind on my blogging, BUT we've been busy camping! Yep, we made the plunge and bought a camper out on Pelican Lake. It has been so fun and Isaac and Kade have been having a blast! BUT this crappy weather could use some improving that is FOR SURE..blah!
Here is our new "home away from home". Equipped with a screened in patio that keeps out the bugs and shades us from the sun. It feels like a whole other room and really adds to the place. We end up leaving our house Friday nights and come back Sunday late afternoon (depending on weather).



We make the boys do the cooking, while the mommy's take the kids out for walks or to the playground.


Meet "Freedom Monkey". I've added him to my collection of "Freedom" items which makes it easier for me to corrall the little escape artist. The little tail I'm holding is just like a leash and he has learned to "love the monkey". When he sees it he knows he gets to go for a walk. Now I don't have to run around hunched all over pulling arms and legs or whatever else I can grab on to before he runs away from me. Kade giving Isaac an "I'm Sorry" kiss (he had bonked him in the face moments earlier). Notice they are watching TV...it was a must that Baby Signing time comes along! Kade is in his "CARS" lawn chair that Grandma Nancy bought him last Easter.
My lil' wood chopper!
Kade is in love with this norwegian golf game...He runs the balls back and forth and screams "Bee Baaws, bee baaws" I think he is trying to say basketballs????
And now its time to go back into the camper!!!
The boys even have their own tent!


Here are some of his "naughty" moods caught on tape... What a fiesty 19 month old I have. His main goal in life is to go against my every wish and command. If I say Yes, he says NO...If I say come over here he sits still, If I say sit still he runs away (not fun at diaper changing time). I've read it is a normal part of development and I need to grin and bear it for the next 1 to 2 years b/c they are finding their independence. Hmmm, glad its not the next 17 years-ha! Again, things people never told me BEFORE baby.
Our biggest fight at the lake is "Waterssss". When we head out on the boat, he feels the need to immediately jump in. Typically not a prob, except the water is freezing this year! He literally turns blue and shakes, but freaks out when you take him back in the boat. "Watersss, watersss, watersss,....." he screams it until he finally just conks out in my lap and takes a nap. I'm gonna have to figure a "freedom item" out for this issue..hhmmmmmm!
Camping is sure tough, here he is on a typical Sunday drive home...
nighty night for now!

No comments: