Sunday, March 15, 2009

14 Months...

Tomorrow I will officially have a 14 month old. STOP time STOP!! He is achieving so much and so fast.
Teething~He is getting another tooth. It is the upper right hand side, kind of right between the front and molars. I found this out accidentally when doing an inspection of his mouth. *Mental Note* DON'T STICK YOU FINGERS IN HIS MOUTH, NOT A GOOD IDEA! He'll clamp down and like a baby barraccuda, doesn't let go! Then when I start yelling "owie owie" he laughs and really feels the need to keep his razor like grip.
Sleeping~I feel as if I've won an award for being the best mommy in the world. My 'lil guy goes to sleep ON HIS OWN and sleeps THROUGH THE NIGHT! We have a routine where at about 7:00, he gets some milk and then a bath. I try and "brush his teeth" in the tub (not as easy as it may sound). Then immediately after the bath he expects his paci and blanki and likes to be rocked for a couple of minutes. He then decides he's a big boy and isn't comfortable in mommy's lap so we put him in the crib. He sleeps from 7:30 to almost 7:00 in the morning! I would give up the Million $ lotto for this kind of luck...its AWESOME!
I get him all snuggled up as he holds one blankie and I cover him with another. He likes to sleep on his tummy with his feet tucked under him. THEN I check on him before we go to be around 10:00 and he looks more like this. Using one blankie for a pillow and kicked the other one off and in some weird position, I'm not sure how he got into. I then "reposition" him and not sure what he gets himself into between the hours of 10:00-6:00 because I'm sleeping soundly-YES!
Books~My lil' monkey LOVES books! He gives you his book of choice and jumps in your lap and will actually let you read him the book. He used to just close them and that was that. Now he prefers the books with puppies or babies in them. Even if they are not puppies and babies he still tells you they are in there. Here he is with a couple of his favorites. He got "5 little monkies jumping on the bed from Amanda" and a cool dinasour book from Melissa!
Stinker~Ok, now with all the good that comes with achieving milestones. Kade uses his new powers for evil. Here he is "wearing an outfit from Great Grandma Fischer" and using his new mobility and fine motor skills to get into my top drawer. I keep all his paperwork from when he was a baby (because one day I will get them in a scrapbook, I swear). His ultra sound pictures are in there and everything. Now how the heck do I keep him out of there??
Here he is with a slightly guilty look on his face. The bugger can now OPEN DOORS. Yup, see that door handle there? He just gets on his tippie toes and pulls down and gets into whatever room he should NOT be in. His favorite new place to hang is the bathroom...aack!Kade likes to crawl on this little stool. He gets on all fours and hangs out there for some strange reason. I'm sure he's gonna pull up to a stand when I least expect it and give me another near heart attack.Chad told me what he and Kade do when I'm at school. Ummm, they go up and down the STAIRS. Chad literally sits at the bottom and lets Kade navigate his way up and down them. I know there are only 7 more weeks of school left, but I'm considering giving it all up to get home and save my baby!!! I saw their daring circus act and almost died (I have near death experiences about 5 times a day lately). But at the same time I'm so proud of him and think I should go buy him a helmet!!
As he is getting older and more mobile, we are finding it harder to go out into the public. He is really good in stores but now wants to get "out" of the cart and be held. If you let him down "Oh for the love of the Good Lord, don't do it!" he speeds off and will take your arm with him if you try and hold his hand. I had a first encounter with a public fit in the mall this weekend. He gets as stiff as a board and makes a real loud shrieking sound and I'm not particularly fond of it. We tried to go out to eat with Grandma Nancy and Jim the other night and he had "ants in his pants" for most of the meal. It is still doable (if mommy remembers to bring entertaintment) but becoming a bit more challenging. I come out of the deal with a sweaty workout and an empty stomach!
Well I don't even care, we are having quite the adventure and Kade still demands to be the main character. He says jump and we say how high! We are teaching him "no" but he doesn't seem to care for that---GULP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your VERY lucky I would give anything to have that much sleep!! LOL D still wakes up a good 2 times a night! :( glad he is doing good :)
they grow to fast!