Sunday, February 22, 2009

13 Months!

Month 13 is here and gone already. It has been the hardest on poor Kade. Things have gone smoothly until we hit 12 months and then all of a sudden the bumps and bruises are starting all at once!

Let's see here, we can start with his 12 month check up! He went in and got his MMR vaccine (measles, mumps, rubella). All was well until, about 10 days later and he broke out into this awful rash. He has done this before (see earlier posts) so we thought it was from a fever breaking. Well turns out he got the "MEASLES RASH". I brought him into the hospital a couple days after the breakout and the Dr. was so "impressed" with this..as she puts it...beautiful rash. I guess it is a side effect that could happen from the vaccine but she has never seen it. So she brought it all the Dr.s on duty that day because it was so rare. Luckily, it didn't itch and wasn't contageous. In case you'd like to see it, here is what the measles rash looks like...Here are Kade's STATS from his prior wellness checkups, 4 months through Year 1:
Month 4: Weight 16 lbs. Height 26in
Month 6: Weight 18.9lbs. Height 27in
Month 9: Weight 22.7lbs. Height 30in
Month 12: Weight 25.9lbs. Height 30.5in Soooooooooo BIG!!!!!!
Ok, so NEXT incident...The other Saturday Chad and I awake to this loud bang and Kade starts crying. Chad thought he probably fell over in his crib and hit his head. So I get up expecting to just go kiss a boo boo....UMmmm, NO...the little bugger had flipped himself OUT OF THE CRIB! I found him lying on the floor, I almost had the big one right there. So at that point, the mattress was lowered as far as it could go. Now in addition to "escaping" by means of flailing his body out, he also tries to chew his way out of the crib. He is like a deranged beaver and is determined to break free!
Next...now here is a nice picture of Hunter (bless her heart as she has been put on the bottom of our priority list since about January 16th!) Also a picture of our stairs. WELL, Chad and I were cleaning up in the kitchen when all of a sudden we hear a noise that sounded alot like the gate on the stairs banging. We both looked at each other with eyeballs bigger than grapefruits and went running towards the stairs...TOO LATE! My dare devil had taken a flight, face first, to the bottom of the landing. I swear my heart cannot take this anymore, I once again almost had the big one. I swear I saw the light at one point.
He was all intact but came out of it with a Hitler like mustache of a rug burn on his lip. And a look like "mommy why did you let that happen". Aaaah, my heart!!! Turns out Chad had been going back and forth doing laundry and left the gate open because Kade was in his high chair eating breakfast. Well, he got caught up in other tasks and the gate never got closed. Poor guy!Speaking of gates! I like to say we live in a "gated community". I've gotten pretty smart on how to deter my 'lil guy from getting into things he shouldn't. So I've invested heavily in all types of gates (now I just have to make sure they are closed-ha!) I've found really long ones that I can weave all throughout the house and also enclose all around my little stinker if needed. It is an instant baby proofer and prevents cheese sandwiches from being injected into the DVD player-ha! Mommy can now sit and play with baby instead of getting up and saying "no no" about 100 times a day...Love IT!!

No comments: